Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

BUG: Insert Image on iPad

jason_verbeekjason_verbeek Member Posts: 2
I tried to import and image (shot on iPhone) into Onshape, and then use it as reference for my model (create a replacement part). However on iPad the image width/height seems to get flipped, stretching out the image and making it unusable. I later attempted to import the same image on desktop (Windows + Firefox) and the image imported just fine.

Reproduction:
- take a (rectangular-shaped) photo on iPhone/ipad.
- import into Onshape (note: the preview image is rotated 90deg, so I think its already broken here)
- place the image in a sketch
- dimensions are messed up, and cannot be resized.

Comments

• rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited June 23
    I've had similar problems before, here is how I dealt with them, this information is for PC (sorry I don't work on iPhone)
    1 ) resizing) dimension the bounding box edge. If this dim. is expressed as a ratio you can even scale the image
    2) rotate) box select entire image and use manipulator triad to spin (or move) image to desired orientation.
    Hope this helps.