Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Enter numerical values/dimensions instantly while sketching

drcontempodrcontempo Member Posts: 5
I'm new to onshape, (but have CAD experience with Inventor and other programs) and am very impressed with it so far, so please forgive me if this is a feature currently available!

It would be very useful to be able to enter numerical values/dimensions directly while sketching lines, circles, etc. instead of drawing them arbitrarily first, and then dimensioning to size in a second step with the dimension tool. This would save so much time!

Comments

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Hello drcontempo,

We don't currently have this functionality but I've added you to the improvement request.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com