Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hatching surface + GD&T surface leader

Connor_LeCLaireConnor_LeCLaire Member Posts: 33 PRO
I've been struggling to find a method to hatch a specific area of a surface with the tools available in the Hatch Region drawing tool. The surface outer perimeter is a rectangle, however there is a pocket that is rectangular with filleted corners. The hatch region includes the pocket when selecting just the outside perimeter rectangle, and the edges of the pocket cannot be accurately traced (there is no arc tool). How might I exclude the pocket from the hatching? I have split the face of the part in the part studio and this has not helped either. I have also tried including a sketch outlining this area but to no avail.

Additionally I have a datum on this section of the surface, however the leader options do not include a surface leader which is terminated with a dot rather than an arrow. Is there a way to use a dot-terminated leader in OS drawings?

Comments

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 540
    @Connor_LeCLaire I've created a ticket for your issue on hatching.  We can discuss on that support ticket.  

Regarding the need to attach datums directly to faces of parts in views -  we don't support that yet, but it's something on our shorter term list to get to.  You should see GDT supported next.  We recently added support for surface finish and notes.  
  • Connor_LeCLaireConnor_LeCLaire Member Posts: 33 PRO
    @PeteYodis great, thanks!

How can I access the support ticket to provide information on the issue (if required)?
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 540
    @Connor_LeCLaire Conversation on the ticket is through email with you.  You should have an email for the ticket I created yesterday.  It's pending your response.