Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

how do you change the dimension

I'm new to this, when I put in a dimension line, the box comes up so you can change the length. When I change the length nothing it happens. I can type the new number in but then it doesn't change the drawing. What am I doing wrong... frustrating start!

Answers

• Options
    øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    After inputting the new length, you press enter and then nothing happens? And your sketch doesn't go red to show that you are trying to over-constrain it?

• Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ lucy_coleridge  , Refresh your browser and try it again.
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    @lucy_coleridge , Kindly press " Enter "  from keyboard after putting new value as suggested by kaurstad
    Kindly refer below video for more detail.

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    Hi Lucy, you are probably seeing the "scale sketch with first dimension" feature, where all sketch entities scale by the same amount to prevent the sketch from turning into spaghetti. Subsequent dimensions will modify the sketch as you expect. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    If the dimension is not changing when you hit Enter, this was a common problem when using Internet Explorer or Edge. Please go to cad.onshape.com/check to make sure you are using a supported browser. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.