Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Face blend troubles

jur_delmeejur_delmee Member Posts: 2

so, ive got this shape, but im trying to faceblend both parts together in the same way i did with all the spheres within each part
but its giving an error because sphere next to it,
it does get fixed when i 'detache' the thing, but that results in a 'surface' which i dont want
any1 know how to fix this?

Comments

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,877 PRO

If the end result you want is the 5 spheres but with face blends between all of them, you might consider modeling the spheres so that they intersect by a microscopic amount to begin with. Then you could just use a regular fillet instead of face blends.

Here's a document where I created a sphere, patterned it so that the spheres just barely intersect, and added fillets to all the intersections using the Selection Fillet custom feature. There's probably an even better way to pattern the spheres so that all of your parts could be done with one part studio and configurations.