Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape is not connected....what does this mean?

robert_girimonte675robert_girimonte675 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in Community Support
I am using Google chrome to try and run this program for the first time without success.

This is the message i am getting...

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    It means that Onshape has lost connection. Are you on stable connection?
    //rami
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @robert_girimonte675  Use the ? menu -> Feedback and send us a ticket from that document so we can check into a few things.  Might be a blocked websocket connection.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    robert_girimonte675robert_girimonte675 Member Posts: 2
    Onshape gets stuck while waiting for....us28.zopim.com
  • Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    @robert_girimonte675 Generally if you keep your Onshape window idle for long time this message will be displayed. But data will be auto saved. If you close this message window, browser will get refreshed to normal. Sometimes whenever the document is too heavy to handle by internet download speed, Onshape may lose stable connectivity and the same message appears.
  • Options
    michael_raubmichael_raub Member Posts: 1
    had this same issue, lost all my data.