Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Having trouble with a Sketch exported as DXF

roger_m_kolaksroger_m_kolaks Member Posts: 26

I want to import this graph from the linked document into Mathematica so I can beat it into submission. I'm finding some issues.

Firstly, though I count 56 edges in the Sketch the DXF opened in MMatica finds 58 edges. It also says that all of the vertices are Singular (are not connected to edges) and all of the edges are Dangling (not connected to other edges). When I extract and graph the edges I'm also seeing multiple edges between some vertices.

Now it's possible there is a problem on the MMatica side of this (I'm working on proving or ruling-out that possibility), but the multiple edges might be me unwittingly creating multiple lines between points in the Sketch. Is there a simple, or at least not overly complex, method for me to locate doubled lines or points in a sketch?

Any clues or hints that might lead me to a resolution of the annoyance will be greatly appreciated.

..rmk

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/254e77e01e4f45f94de21a2e/w/06e1cfbcca44baa8d064c540/e/26ce7a18964d5b2c0d96ef6d?renderMode=0&uiState=66f0af301a932646df90b228

Comments

• roger_m_kolaksroger_m_kolaks Member Posts: 26

I've found a way to resolve the issue on the Mathematica side though I am still curious about a method to deal with duplicated lines and points in Sketch.