Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

hard time for some users

michał_1michał_1 Member, Developers Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in General
Over night my files have grown twice, I suspect because of current update. Maybe merging history and versions to a single feature caused that, but still some users close to 100MB limit will have problem. I was able to make a trick with copying workspace, and it worked, but I was far from 100MB.

edit
I also find a bug, don't know if it's related to current update, but I've tracked it now. I had a file that grow over night, so I've copied workspace. I made that without opening that file and I've removed it immediately. when I opened that copied file, sketches that have images inserted were maked red:
Nothing is missing... then why they turn red?

Bug.png 162.7K

Comments

• peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    sorted, ps: how do you delete a comment on this forum rather than edit?
  • øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    I've also observed the same, one of my documents grew from 4 MB to 15 MB, in other words it more than tripled in size. And there were no explicit versions or branches in that document.
  • michał_1michał_1 Member, Developers Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    @øyvind_kaurstad don't worry after copying workspace it should have size as before update (with exception of files with drawings, drawings now weigh more, so when copying, they will grow, and if not copied, you'll see yellow marked icon to refresh drawing, even if model did not change at all)
  • øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    I know, and I already copied it and deleted the inflated version. However, I think perhaps that this should have been handled automatically.
  • michał_1michał_1 Member, Developers Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    File with redish sketches is now ok.