Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

app store login

don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
Is there some reason other than to annoy me that once I am logged into my OS account, that I have to login again to get to the app store? Why do I need to login, I'm already logged in?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    matthew_menardmatthew_menard Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    I'm tip-toeing out on a limb and guessing that it's because the App Store has the opportunity to charge you.  Apple and Android have had issues in their app stores with people making purchases without the account owner's consent because the password was remembered.  That said, I do understand where you are coming from and it might be nice to have a user option to remember the password from the current session or not.
  • Options
    don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I was unaware of any issues with unauthorized purchases with Apple or Android devices. I was just thinking one login would suffice. After thinking on this I am a bit dismayed that OS would market these apps as free when as you say the opportunity to charge me is there. I think OS needs to be a little more transparent because some of the apps have a limited number of "credits" then you have to pay. 
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @don_howe - thank you for your feedback. We are learning everything we can right now about user interaction with the app store.
    We will fix the login issue in time - rest assured. With regards to the app store having the ability to charge you, yes. Just like the Apple or Android store, we envision a rich selection of completely free apps, limited trials, free versions with pay options and straight-up paid capabilities.  That said, we are very sensitive to any app that you feel does not completely disclose their business model (in fact, one of the things i do before an app goes live is a review of the description to make sure that the business model is fully disclosed). If you feel that any app fails to do so, please send me a private message and I will review the store entry and (if necessary) require the vendor to update the subscription or i will pull the app. There are more apps coming! :)
    Thank you for your support of Onshape.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape