Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mis-selection of Parts with Lenovo Snapdragon X Elite Computer, 16 GB RAM

David_TaylorDavid_Taylor Member Posts: 3 PRO
edited October 6 in General

I've been using a 9 year old Dell laptop to run OnShape and finally upgraded to a newer computer today. Specs are shown in the title. When I select a part in a studio, some other part in the model is selected - it could even be a part that is hidden at the moment. If I right click on the mouse and choose Select → Create Selection, I get the parts that I want, which are listed in the dialog box, and the counter next to the pointer shows two selections, and when I hide other parts it shows that two parts will continue to be displayed, but a random other part comes along for the ride and is displayed as well. I'm running Chrome. Tried it in Duck Duck Go and got the same result. Tried my new Bluetooth mouse, my old USB mouse, and the new computer track pad. Always the same result. When I scroll over a part, it highlights for just an instant, and it is very difficult to actually highlight a part. Also, when I measure the distance between holes on part, I get dimensions that are way off, even though it appears I selected two holes nearby. The dimensions it is returning must be for some other set of features elsewhere in the model. Help!

Comments

• David_TaylorDavid_Taylor Member Posts: 3 PRO

Here are the results of some added investigation - if I choose parts by clicking on the dot that appears when you are a the midpoint of a feature on that part, such as the edge of the part, it chooses the correct parts. But if I choose the part by the face, it does not choose the right part. Ditto for measuring - if I measure between the midpoint dots, I get the right result. And if I choose faces when a part is the only thing displayed, I get the right result.

• rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

Although I don't have an answer for you - I would suspect a bad mouse setting, or a bad browser setting that's giving you the problems (not an Onshape problem). My advice is to contact "support", and see if they can help you resolve the issue.

• David_TaylorDavid_Taylor Member Posts: 3 PRO

It appears to have been the Snapdragon chip itself - I returned the computer and bought an intel based computer and everything works fine with the same mouse and mouse settings.