Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can't select or delete imported lines from DXF

christian_mehlbaumchristian_mehlbaum Member Posts: 2

So recently I designed a logo for my brand. This logo will be used on all my parts, so therefor I wanted to create a DXF in order to import the logo and just extrude it. Instead of constantly redrawing the logo. However when I created a DXF and imported it into my part studio. I can not delete the DXF file. I can't select the lines, nothing. This decreased the loading time drastically, which almost makes Onshape not usable. These lines of the DXF will show in every part I open, causing huge problems.

Answers

• GregBrownGregBrown Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 186

If you create a document then import the dxf into a sketch and clean it up as appropriate (making sure edges are connected, points are coincident, etc) then you can create a version of this document… Subsequently in any new document you will be able to Derive in the sketch from this version. It will be fast, and you won't need to mess with the imported dxf.

• MDesignMDesign Member Posts: 47 ✭✭

As Greg mentioned…. import it into a sketch using this tool while in a sketch. If you post a link to the document it might help others see what your seeing and troubleshoot the issue.