Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

After extruding / removing, slicer adds extra wall

luiz_intiniluiz_intini Member Posts: 2

Hello everyone! I designed a 18650 battery holder, but I decided to remove part of the wall to save time and filament. However, when I export that part to STL, Cura slicer adds an extra wall for some reason, exactly at the bottom of the semicircled part. I tried every seeting in Cura 5.7.1, to no avail.

I normally don't use Prusa Slicer (and not very familiar with it) but this time I tried. It looks better in Prusa Slicer 2.8.1.

Anyone here had the same issue? Thank you!

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/9efb5f35921263f10d918943/w/fa792a19edf38493c78b27fd/e/4d25f285d44f1803153a5f32?renderMode=0&uiState=671020272d54b71662e62121

In Cura 5.7.1:

In Prusa 2.8.1:

Comments

• jelte_steur814jelte_steur814 Member Posts: 154 PRO

ooh i see, you have a Cura problem. I was looking into the onshape model and figured Cura and Prusa are slicing it just fine, but it seems there's a bug in Cura that causes a step in the rib widening it at a certain point.

That's very weird. I'm not sure this is the proper place to ask that question though, since the issue is not Onshape related. can you find a 3D printing/Cura forum to post this?

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,855 PRO

Does it behave differently if you use STEP instead of STL? Bambu Studio (based on the same code) can handle STEP. This avoids certain tessellation artifacts.