Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extension lines

brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
I would like to be able to add extension lines to an assembly. Specifically when modifying  and animating a model of race car suspension I would like to be able to to overlay these  lines on suspension components  and extend them so that I could see the instantaneous roll centre imediately I make a change or animate the assembly. Is this doable?

Comments

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    No you can't make a line in an assembly. You could make a solid thin long rod and insert it into the assembly. Mate it as required and it will move and represent the roll center.
  • Options
    brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    Thanks _Dave_ , I was so fixated on using extension lines that the blindingly obvious method hadn't crossed my mind.