Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Could use some help adding an angle part

StillMakerStillMaker Member Posts: 24 EDU
edited October 20 in Using Onshape

I'm trying to build a stand that screws into the VESA mounting holes on the back of a monitor, and holds a light-therapy lamp on top of the monitor. It's basically a shelf with a specific angle to point my lamp down at me.

I'm struggling with the top shelf part, when I extrude it it becomes a new part, instead of adding onto the existing part. I'm probably doing something wrong with the line angle plane. Maybe I should be using a different technique?

Thanks for any help.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/62aabd725ec811c446d74e72/w/2348c4c1bd771052e5c0a140/e/99935826f238d218fccd9253?renderMode=0&uiState=6715789e0eb57b2e67bceab8

Comments