Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I delete a subassembly in an assembly?

spencer_pasnospencer_pasno Member Posts: 6

I have inserted 2 of the same sub assembly into this assembly. I know I can delete the subassembly on the other tab and it will delete from this assembly, but that would delete both of them. Is there a way to keep one of them without deleting both?

Best Answer

• nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 799 PRO
    edited October 23 Answer ✓

Delete should be in the right click menu. If it’s not, as your picture shows, deselect everything and pick the sub again. Pick it from the tree not the graphics area, and then delete should show up in the right click menu.

When picking from the graphics it doesn’t know if you want the whole sub, just one part, just the surface, etc. So it doesn’t show the delete option.

Answers

• nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 799 PRO
    edited October 23 Answer ✓

Delete should be in the right click menu. If it’s not, as your picture shows, deselect everything and pick the sub again. Pick it from the tree not the graphics area, and then delete should show up in the right click menu.

When picking from the graphics it doesn’t know if you want the whole sub, just one part, just the surface, etc. So it doesn’t show the delete option.

• spencer_pasnospencer_pasno Member Posts: 6

Thank you Nick! This works. I can't believe I didn't think of this before asking.