Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Extrude and Scale at the same time?

keith_kyzivatkeith_kyzivat Member Posts: 2

I am designing a toilet seat standoff extension that will fit on the existing built-in toilet seat standoffs, so that the seat will sit higher when it is down than with the built in ones. The reason for this is to accomodate a bidet attachment, attached underneath the back of the toilet seat. The bidet makes the back of the seat sit higher, and the front of the seat then will wiggle left and right in part due to that.

A copy of the document that I am going to leave untouched for this discussion is linked here:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d4e97585d750954cdf43208f/w/b96f38c504f17abab37a7a11/e/4b209a3418424b07257afbe8

The existing built in toilet seat standoff is shaped like a rounded rect, and extends out from the underside of the toilet seat.

I have the basic shape of the standoff extension made, and it fits ok, but the issue I am having now is that the standoff flares out in the third dimension from the bottom of the standoff (furthest away from the toilet seat) as it approaches the toilet seat. This is such that a cross section of it close to the toilet seat would be somewhat larger than at the bottom (like the sketch you would make of it).

I am pretty sure that onshape doesn't have the specific tool I am looking for — an extrude+scale tool (that applies at the same time). Given the tools I have available, how can I achieve what I am looking to do?

Can I make two sketches, one scaled bigger than the other, offset them, and apply some sort of "fill between two sketches" operation?

Comments

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,877 PRO

You can extrude with draft.

• robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭

Hello Keith.

"fill between two sketches" operation is often accomplished with the Loft tool. - Scotty