Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Account Confirmation for high school students

I teach at a high school and our students do not have access to email at school.  Is it necessary for them to confirm their account?

Answers

• noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    Yes, all Onshape accounts must be activated (which is currently only done through email). Fortunately this only has to be done once. Perhaps you could have your students sign up before coming to class or activate their account for homework?
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
  • new_signup255new_signup255 Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Can the confirmation emails from different students come o my school email account?
  • noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    No, they are sent to their own email accounts. This is a security measure on our end and is necessary to match an account to an individual.
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
  • henry_feldmanhenry_feldman Member Posts: 126 EDU
    @noa it would be great in a corporate environment where IT organizations often bulk set up accounts (and of course remove accounts as necessary) to do organizational account management. There are other applications I work with that have accounts, where IT signs me up, and I can just go in. Now the challenge here is password setting, and either they use a nonce service with our account server (but that is behind our firewall in some way) or they create in the initial set up (which it sounds like @new_signup255 might want.
  • john_knoxjohn_knox Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Also it would be nice to have control of student accounts.  If a teacher could upload a csv file of usernames and passwords and then have students create in a shared project environment it would work better.  Then teachers could set up or change passwords, delete student accounts as well.  Students could always then create their own accounts later.  Give teachers the ability to create 100 accounts at any one time maybe.