Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Empty List for Derived Part?

thomas_kozakthomas_kozak Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited February 2016 in Using Onshape
I have a few part studios in a document and I need to use parts from those studios in a new part studio (in the same document).  From the manual the correct workflow for this is to use the Derived option as seen here.  However when I do this I get an empty list with "No entities or features available."  Is there something I could be doing wrong here?  I'd rather not have to export/import the parts in question since they need to be parametric...

Edit: Interestingly, in all other part studios in that document I can use Derived as described in the manual.

Comments

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693
    @thomas_kozak
    This sounds like a bug fixed in the next release. Please share your document with support, we can fix the document so that you'll be able to move forward.
  • Options
    thomas_kozakthomas_kozak Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Thanks Lana.  I put in a support request and it was solved almost immediately.