Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Partner vs Professional vs Corporate Account

I currently provide 3D CAD modeling and drawing services for multiple clients on several platforms. OnShape is an exciting alternative.

Are there any management / admin differences in the interface between free, professional, and corporate accounts?

Does the partner program provide any differences in data management that the free or professional accounts do not?

In one professional or corporate account, can I setup separate clients and manage them independently?

If a client leaves my service but wants to continue using OnShape, can their data be easily transferred over to their own personal account?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    edited February 2016
    Hello FlyBoy2016 and welcome to Onshape.

From a functionality standpoint, there is no difference between free and professional (I will circle back to Enterprise).
    The value proposition for Free is significant. Free users can create unlimited free public documents (and up to 5GB of free online storage).
    In addition, Free users may also have up to 10 free private documents (not to exceed 100MB). This is NOT a lot - but the intention is to give you the opportunity to evaluate Onshape against a proprietary design need without making your efforts public. If you are able to use these free private documents for commercial purposes, that's fine with us (but again, it's (intentionally) not a lot).
    Onshape Professional opens this up - unlimited free private documents and 100GB of online storage.
    If a client engages with you to do some work, you can develop your solution and share the document with your client during the design phase so that you may conduct periodic reviews - a significant benefit of Onshape. At the end of the project, you may transfer ownership of the document to your client and they in turn can remove you from the share. This frees up your free account to do more work.
    Now it gets interesting.
    If you have a Professional account, you may share the document with your client and it count against their 10 free private documents, but NOT their free storage limit (typically the limiting factor).
    If your client has a professional account, they may share a new blank document with you to work on (again, counting against your 10 free but NOT against your free storage allocation). 
    We did this specifically to increase the value of the Professional account - making it possible to share/interact with other users regardless of whether they had a Professional account or not.
    Both Free and Professional account holders may use free and paid apps from the app store.
    Enterprise adds another level of control for larger organizations of Professional users - adding reporting, user management and more granular app access and sharing controls.

I realize that there is a lot of information here, please feel free to ask any questions and most importantly, start using Onshape!

Many thanks - Philip . . . 

ps - private documents in your Trash count against your free private storage - make sure you delete them (Empty Trash) to recover the free storage.

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Flyboy2016Flyboy2016 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Thanks Philip! This made everything much clearer. Is there an FAQ or formal document stating this information? I was unable to find any.

One more question...At how many users would you recommend an Enterprise account?

ps. I use OnShape personally but need to evaluate all the features and functions before rolling out to clients. So far I am intrigued!
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Flyboy - hmm. So much here.
    My answer was crafted to specifically answer your questions. As such there is no one document that parrots what is written here.
    An Enterprise account starts adding value at two professional users - but there is plenty of time for that.
    If I was offering Professional services, I would certainly want a Professional account so that i was not limited in the number of jobs i could take on at any given moment in time.
    If you are interested in becoming a consulting partner (because you wanted to help companies adopt Onshape and offer your consulting services related to training, support etc), then you can get the process started here - https://www.onshape.com/partners/consulting.
    My recommendation - take a job that's on your plate now (or one that you have previously completed) and do it (or duplicate it) in Onshape.
    Become and expert!!!!!! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @philip_thomas   
    philip_thomas said:
    Enterprise adds another level of control for larger organizations of Professional users - adding reporting, user management and more granular app access and sharing controls.

Would you please provide more details on these Enterprise controls?
    _Dave_

_Dave_ the specific capabilities of the Enterprise offering are tailored for each company's specific needs. 
    The best way to get a complete description is to have a quick chat with your sales support representative - they will be able to put together a solution for your specific business needs.

(your sales support representative is the person that sends you all the emails :))
    Philip Thomas - Onshape