Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Noob question about the display and views

LeeBeeLeeBee Member Posts: 7
edited February 2016 in Using Onshape
Hello everyone,

I've spent some time with solidworks & have the basics down (CSWA) but missing a couple of points in onshape that I'm sure I'm overlooking. Sorry for referencing SW but it's my only knowledge in 3d cad. What I'm starting is a lego model drawn piece by piece then assembled. If there are too many parts I plan to assemble a chunk then save as a part and so on. Anyway, onto the questions:

I've attached an image of a part - I've made a linear pattern but it doesn't display all the way across. Have I done something wrong or is there a display setting set to minimal maybe? Also, how do I easily change the way the pattern goes? I might want it to go right and up but it starts out as right and down - if I drag round the pattern gets skewed.

Also, how can I cut outside the 6.5mm holes and inside the 5mm holes in one move? I can make it go around the outside the holes but not inside.

I can't seem to dimension from the outside on the whole sketch ( ie the 6.5 hole won't dimension from the outside edge but the 1.5 dimension will)

Is there a way to display in wireframe, hidden edges etc?

Probably basic points but I'll be severely hampered for the rest of the model if I'm having to blunder through it all!

Thanks in advance,
lee

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Lee - thank you for your support of Onshape.
    Yes, Onshape supports wire-frame and hidden lines removed and shaded (with and without edges) - check out https://cad.onshape.com/help/index.htm#moving.htm#kanchor13

With regards to your specific question - if you make the document public and post the link here, it's far easier for people to show you how to fix it (they will make a copy, fix or answer your question and post a link to the fixed document). The people here are really helpful, but they don't like to type much. Post a link and it's usually fixed lickety-split! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape