Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
Using Loft to create tubercles
Hello, I have been offsetting 2 variants of a NACA profile aerofoil and then my goal was to use loft to model a tubercle leading edge.
When I try and select more than 4 faces, I receive this error.
When just four faces are selected, this happens, see where I drew red, the trailing edge should just be completely flat.
I don't know what to do. I am tempted to move on to SolidWorks.
Answers
-
Might need to share your document. I got something similar working. Tips:
- If it's a pattern, make only one part, then pattern the part. No need to make the loft do all the work.
- If you get weird edges, use guides.
0 -
can you share a link to this document?
0 -
It will be down to how you are selecting the edges/faces in your loft profiles. The example here I made has 16 profiles…
0 -
Fixed it! I was just being careless in making my second profile (I used the spline tool to trace it, rather than getting an exact duplicate). I duplicated the first profile and used (1-(span/tubercle amplitude)) to get a scale factor by which I scaled the second profile. Then I applied 38 surface offsets.
0







