Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

mirror offset spline

jerome_goyetjerome_goyet Member Posts: 11
hello,

Can anyone give me the trick to mirror a spline and the offset spline ?
I always get the following message : Cannot mirror offset splines.
The only way I found out is to delete the Offset constraint ...that can be cumbersome when you need to modify the original spline and you want the offset and mirror function linked to this spline.
Tks in advance for the support

Jérôme

Comments

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    jerome, I agree that this could be improved. You could mirror the spline by itself and then offset each spline individually.
  • Options
    rune_thorsen229rune_thorsen229 Member Posts: 179 ✭✭
    In 2021 this seems still impossible. For me it seems absurd, because mirroring is mathematically a very  simple  operation 
  • Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
    @jerome_goyet, you CAN do this if you employ a second sketch to execute the mirroring operation.  Perhaps not as streamlined as you were hoping, but quite serviceable.

Sketch 1:
    • Sketch mirror line
    • Sketch spline
    • Offset spline
    Sketch 2:
    • PROJECT/USE the offset spline (from previous sketch)
    • Mirror the projected offset spline
    PS:  I violated the 1st rule of fight club and left Sketch 1 under-constrained.  It pains me greatly.