Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mating two parts in iPad Pro

Erich_KochErich_Koch Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
Having problems mating two parts. See inserted drawing. Mated the corners of the two parts, then set up MOVE and entered the values for X=0.25, Y=3, Z=0. The parts do not mate. What am I doing wrong, or where is my usage of the mating function incorrect?
Should I used a different mate?
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    @Erich_Koch you are creating a mate connector here....not a mate.  After you create this mate connector, you would need to apply a mate to the created connector and the other part.  

Even easier, you can probably skip creating the new mate connector and go straight to a mate and then move the mate.  

Check out some of the videos on mating.  
  • Options
    Erich_KochErich_Koch Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    @coleman Thanks. Yesterday I finally figured it out. I'm using iPad Pro, so the UI is different. Then, I figured out that it is actually easier to use the finger than the "pencil". The circle with the cross hairs is bigger with the finger. 
  • Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    I actually really like the onshape mobile platform for mating.  
    A quick tip: 
    1) single tap geometry of a part to envoke available mates 
    2) tap in space and hold to use the precision selection tool to select the specific mate