Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

WRAP feature, where is hidden :)

florinflorin Member Posts: 4
WRAP feature, where is hidden :)

Comments

• Options
    Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    Can you explain in more detail? i.e. are your referring to a feature like the wrap feature in SolidWorks? If so then it is not currently in OS. It would be worth you hitting the question mark at the top right of the OS screen, choosing 'feedback' and submitting a enhancement request for this type of feature.
  • Options
    florinflorin Member Posts: 4
    yes i was referring to a feature like wrap feature in solidworks.
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I think SW has an un-fold operation that takes transitional sheet metal pieces and shows you the flat pattern. Also in flex stuff you could wrap/un-wrap certain shapes. In 3rd party stuff, you could unwrap and flatten a surface (not in SW).

Unwrap is a term used loosely in CAD systems. What are you trying to do?

Short answer is OS probably doesn't have it yet as this is a special function and we're working on basic functions at this time.