Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

how can i take dimensions to hidden lines

ive_vanbormive_vanborm Member Posts: 1
how can i take dimensions to hidden lines

Answers

• Options
    ryan_thiessen999ryan_thiessen999 Member Posts: 12
    Use the "use" feature to grab the hidden line and bring it into your current drawing.  You can then dimension off that, and as you change your original drawing the "used" line will automatically update.
  • Options
    john_moranjohn_moran Member Posts: 1
    Also trying to do this in a drawing not part studio so the above method doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way to dimension to hidden features in a drawing?
  • Options
    phill_banksphill_banks Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone found a way to do this yet? I thought I was getting on well with Onshape until I started trying to put dimensions on a drawing.
  • Options
    bart_verstegenbart_verstegen Member Posts: 1
    I wonder if anyone has a solution for this. When I revolve a simple structure (hose like) I'm not even able to dimension the inner width (except when I create helper projections)
  • Options
    leon_karstenleon_karsten Member Posts: 2
    Having same problem here. Any solutions to showing dimensions between hidden lines in a drawing? I need to show the depth of a machined part on my drawing.
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @leon_karsten  If you are asking about a 2D drawing, then see my response here:  https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/23346/#Comment_23346