Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

My Project - Aircraft Design.

michael_stallsmichael_stalls Member Posts: 59 PRO
Hi all,

Im an Aerospace Engineer with a fair bit of Catia V5 experience. I have been investigating using onshape for a kit/plans built aircraft project i have been working on that i thought i would share. This configuration represents an initial trial run to figure out how to use onshape....the model itself is a bit of a mess!. I think onshape is great! and has many advantages for this type of project despite the fact it lacks some of the bells and whistles of Catia and solidworks. The plan is to use Onshape as the container for all the analysis (structural &aerodynamic) as well as the cad models. 
here is a link to the document. 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/56eb8a14e4b05201227bc71e/w/32acd7a4bc6fc07be86468b0/e/f041cad2c1d9b72d5038f50a

cheers
Michael