Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improve response time of a design?

gillspicegillspice Member, Developers Posts: 2 PRO
I have a public design that is based on a pretty involved sketch, it seems that the sketch complexity is causing the design to be unresponsive, can you take a look to see if perhaps I could implement in a way that would improve response time?:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/56ceeab3e4b02da21b9feda8/w/5d7a1bfed07b1d84df75d560/e/015341f0aedf71a0ae3f06ec

Answers

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    One thing I noticed is that on your more vertical lines for the frets, they are composed of two separate lines (that are mirrored I assume).  You might get better performance with a single line and mid-point/symmetric constraint for those.  This should reduce the number of lines to solve by 352 (if I can count correctly).  Similarly you probably don't need the mid-line and the bottom edge as construction lines to constraint to for each row of frets.  Depending on where the points are constrained, could reduce the number of constraints on the sketch by 176 (again if I can count correctly).
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com