Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
How do I make a diagonal planar cut through an object to create a beveled face?
rasa_ghaffarian
Member Posts: 1 ✭
I want to make a hollow cylinder with a beveled edge, similar to a needle. What sort of cut do I make to achieve this?
0
Answers
-
Draw the profile you wish to remove on the centreline of the cylinder and then do a symmetrical remove extrude to take that part away.
That answer, although terribly written might get you until someone can throw out one of those fancy gif demonstrations...
0 -
If I am understanding you correctly, a chamfer on the outer edge of the rim should achieve what you want. Or a revolve to cut the angle you want.0
