Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Lost my progress.

fropfrop Member Posts: 9
So.. I had enough of my part outlined in a 2d sketch to have a grey line shade everything in. Later I went to add a midpoint of what would be a circle and next thing i know I am back to what things looked like last time I started using the software (which was in the morning. I used it in the morning then stopped and started my task at night again). So... has anyone else had this problem? I have a screen shot of my work before this happened then after. I thought onshape kept a record of everything you did on a project so you could undo anything. The undo and redo buttons aren't available =/

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Undo/redo is only available for current session (Onshape timeouts in 20 minutes if not in use).

History is recorded though and you can go back between accepted edits.

//rami
  • Options
    fropfrop Member Posts: 9
    One of the mods I think helped me out. Seems like I was doing a sketch and somehow hit cancel so it lost all what I was doing. Can't recover a canceled sketch =/
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @frop ,Currently user cannot recover canceled sketch entity in Onshape. You can raise improvement request for this. In near future we hope that this facility will be provided by Onshape.
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @frop  That is correct.  If you hit cancel and have not committed that active sketch, you cannot undo this.  We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution so that is captured in the history.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.