Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to navigate without a mouse using Macbook trackpad?

mark_biasottimark_biasotti Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in General
quick question: How do you pan, zoom, rotate when you do not have a mouse with your macbook?
Tagged:

Comments

• kinsleymarkkinsleymark Member Posts: 35 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this isn't elegantly supported yet. (These functions all require you to physically "click" down on the trackpad and drag around - not easy to do because of the physical design of MacBook trackpads). Some of us have been pushing for better support and have started a feature request here: https://onshape.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/205313647-Trackpad-Multi-Touch-Support-i-e-better-Mac-input-support
  • kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    I use Onshape without mouse on my mac all the time. Right-click-and-drag actually works impressively well for me. Make sure you've got your right click set to "click on right side of trackpad" in system preferences. Another ergonomic trick is to hard-click with one finger (I use my ring finger), and, while that finger is held down, use a second finger to position the drag (I use my middle finger). This gives a bigger range of motion and just feels much more natural to me.

The specific gestures you asked for are:
    Rotate: Right-click and drag
    Pan: Control-right-click and drag
    Zoom: Two finger drag (i.e. scroll)