Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I transfer a part studio from one document to another?

micah_1micah_1 Member Posts: 2
I am new to Onshape...Is there are an easy way to transfer a part studio from one document to another document.  

When I go to the insert command in an assembly I only see parts studios within the document.  What if I want a part studio from one of my other documents?

Comments

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Right now there isn't a way to reference a part studio from another document.  What you can do is copy the part studio in the first document by right mouse clicking on the part studio tab at the bottom of the page.  From there there is an option to "Copy to clipboard".  After this, navigate to the document you want to copy it to and hit the plus sign (+) in the bottom left corner and choose "Paste Tab".
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • eephillipeephillip Member Posts: 4
    +1 With on the versioning and branching and the linking of public and private parts. Maybe a touch more document organization working towards a drawing tree approach. 
  • shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    +1 for avoiding duplicate names of parts when same part studio is copied and pasted in a document multiple times.
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @Micah ,Onshape documents are like containers, in which they contain assembly studio and part studio tabs. 

Currently in Onshape document to document referencing is not available. User can use and copy part studio of
    different document. User have to use "copy to clipboard" option to copy the part studio and "paste tab" option to paste in different document as shown in below video.