Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Renault Megane III V6 trophy (imported to onshape)

kyriakos_tryfonidiskyriakos_tryfonidis Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited April 2016 in Using Onshape
Greetings,

I finished my last project for this semester.

I wanted to make something unique that express my passion and my willings. This is the love i have for cars and design of them so i made the New Renault Megane III V6 trophy racing car.

The sad part, ( since i am writing to this community) is that i couldn't make it at onshape platform.

I was missing crucial tools like, trim surfaces, weldments, renderings, projected curves, boundary e.t.c..

So i finished it in about 2 weeks of sleepless nights with a lots of coffee and headaches to catch up the deadline.

I used another famous program to be able to do it.

I imported the file to onshape so i can have an online history of my projects.

The import though didn't go as good as i was hoping but ehm ok you get the picture.

Here, some pics from the progress and the first one is from onshape import.

When i finished it i literally burst into tears from the excitement and the exhaustion but it was all worth it, i was very happy with the result! 

Comments

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    @kyriakos_tryfonidis, I feel you can create and fulfill your requirement by using some application from "app store" and performing some work around in Onshape.
    Best of luck and keep having fun  :)