Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Point locations for holes

michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
Is there a way to specify different hole features on points created in a single sketch?

I created a sketch with 8 hole locations, 6 of which will be #4 counterbores and the other two will be 1/4-20 clearance holes.  I was able to create the counterbored holes just fine in one hole operation but when I tried to do a hole operation for the other two I couldn't figure out how to select the point locations.  Do we have to create separate point locations for each type of hole that will be created even when they are on the same face or plane?

The current process for making holes seems counterintuitive to me.  Do others have the same problem or am I just stuck in old habits?

Comments

• Options
    cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    @michael3424 right click the sketch in the feature list and choose "Show".  This will make the sketch visible and you should be able to create more hole features.
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Cody - I was missing the "show" part.