Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

silencing benign warnings

adamohernadamohern Member, OS Professional Posts: 216 PRO
Loving FS so much, you guys.

I know Ilya and I discussed this privately at some point, but I'm struggling with debugging and wanted to reiterate it for the record: we really need a way to silence the piles of benign warnings that FS throws with failed try() statements. Right now I'm working on a few relatively simple FS scripts, but each of these useless warning takes up a total of eight (8!) lines of debug output space, so that I often have to scroll just to find the specific printout or error message I'm looking for. The problem is exacerbated by multi-tab documents where each tab displays its warnings, even if it's not the tab you're currently viewing. Yes, you can collapse them. But it's a lot of monkey work to manually collapse a few dozen tabs and warnings every time you want to debug something.

Maybe just a toggle button in the header of the "FeatureScript notices" window that can disable warnings, and instead only show actual full-stop failures, debug() calls, and println() calls. You could keep the warnings visible by default, but at least then I could quickly turn them all off.

Similarly, it would be great to have a toggle for showing only the front-most tab. I often have dozens of tabs in even a very simple project, so displaying them all by default is really frustrating.

Comments

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    We have this logged -- I'm thinking of having some sort of silent-try keyword that suppresses warnings inside.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc