Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

delete every Nth element in a pattern?

adamohernadamohern Member, OS Professional Posts: 216 PRO
edited April 2016 in FeatureScript
Are elements "created by" a pattern always listed in order? Would it be reliable to query elements created by a linear pattern and delete every Nth element?

EDIT:

Best solution I can come up with is to do multiple patterns: pattern up to the first skipped element, then pattern that pattern to create the other sections with a distance long enough to leave a gap. Works well in simple cases like this one.

Comments

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    By pattern, do you mean opPattern or one of the pattern features?  And by elements do you mean faces or bodies or what?
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    adamohernadamohern Member, OS Professional Posts: 216 PRO
    Well, I guess I'm open to any solution, really. I assumed I would be using opPattern, but I haven't spent much time playing with it. And by elements I guess I mean pattern instances--which may be bodies or features, as applicable based on the pattern type.