Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Angled surface diameter

jose_juniorjose_junior Member Posts: 1
Hello!

One of my parts is made of sheet metal, since we don't exactly have tooling for that what I did was to model the bend as a sketch and extrude it. Works fine, except that one of faces that is bent 105 degrees has a hole on it (made by creating a different sketch and extruding it to remove). This also works well. 

Problem: when creating drawings from the parts I can't use the diameter tool to size that hole. When I look at the views I can notice that they are being viewed by a 90 degree angle so it's not really a circle. Is there a way to add a view of that angled part that is perpendicular to the side so the hole can be measured?

Am I doing something wrong? (Aside from shoehorning sheet metal design). :)