Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Simulating a padlock operation.

4DeltaEDU4DeltaEDU OS Professional Posts: 15 PRO
edited May 2016 in Using Onshape

Answers

• Options
    4DeltaEDU4DeltaEDU OS Professional Posts: 15 PRO
    I am trying to simulate a padlock lock/unlock operation. In real life the shackle moves first up and then is free to rotate. Can I simulate that movement in Onshape Assemblies?
    The closest I found to that is by using the cylindrical mate and adjusting my vertical translation to the Z and my rotational translation to up  180 degrees. Unfortunately Onshape performs both actions simultaneously from the Go. I would like for the rotation to kick in at approximately 2 seconds after the vertical translation begins, in order to avoid collision of the shackle with the body (Bottom picture).

• Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    When you say simulation... do you mean an animated movie?