Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

visualizing version control

justin_36justin_36 Member Posts: 23 EDU
I am new to software version control. Our FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team of high schoolers made great use of Onshape's versioning.

I saw this at the World championship last week of a team visualizing their software changes:
http://gource.io/

Anyone out there know if it would be possible to visualize Onshape changes? Perhaps an idea for an App Store app?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Check out this quick video that shows you how to compare two versions! :)
    https://www.onshape.com/videos/compare

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    @justin_36 @philip_thomas I may be wrong but I think what he is asking is for a way to visualize all of his versions at once?  Like a tree with a branch for each version?  We have something similar in the Versions Manager which lists all versions and branches visually?

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    One way or another - i think we have this covered! :):):)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    justin_36justin_36 Member Posts: 23 EDU
    Thanks everyone for your responses :) The intent of my inquiry was to ask for more dynamic visualization, as the gource video shows.

Sorry, I should have been more specific to say that the gource visualization would extend the existing (awesome) comparing/versions features already in OS.