Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

rotating parts on there own

si_bellsi_bell Member Posts: 1
,as I'm working the pieces keep rotating as i move the mouse around even when I don't want them to , this seems to happen when I'm trying to mate parts iv tried all sorts of things to stop it i.e. clicking on the face block to choose the orientation but it still moves around .Is there a problem with the program as its starting to annoy me ,also the sever keeps going down alot and i have to wait for the it all to up
 come back

Answers

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    si_bell - thank you for your support of Onshape.
    I am not entirely clear what you mean by 'keep rotating'. 
    That said, i wanted to make sure that you knew there was a comprehensive video library of tech tips and tutorials on the website.
    In particular, i wondered if you would benefit from this short 6 minute video. If after watching it, you have any questions, please feel free to post them here.

https://www.onshape.com/videos/assembly-mates

Regarding the 'server keeps going down a lot' - i think we have had a single outage since we launched over a year ago. Any time that you are experiencing problems, please submit a feedback ticket while you are having problems. This enables us to look at the logs for your session during that time so that we can see what was happening.

Again, thank you for your support of Onshape.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape