Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Default export formats

michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
I've probably asked about this before, but how difficult would it be for the Onshape developers to let the user select default export formats, both file type and relevant features.  I export in STEP format for parts that will be machined and in STL format for parts that will be 3D printed and the latter is especially annoying because the format not only needs to be changed from Parasolid to STL, but to also select mm and fine resolution.  It would be great if Onshape could remember the last format and features I used for an export and default to them the next time.

Comments

• Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    +1
    Most of the times it is required when multiple files in exactly same format need to export.
  • Options
    Stuart_TodStuart_Tod Member Posts: 56 PRO
    +1 

• Options
    zac_holmeszac_holmes Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Agreed, this would be a helpful feature to have.  Simply having the export dialog start with whichever format was used last would simplify what I've been doing lately.