Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to control a sweep end profile.

Phil_G_1987Phil_G_1987 Member Posts: 4
Is it possible at the moment to create a sweep that has a different end profile to the one it starts with?

To put some context in this I'm currently playing around and modelling a weldment frame piece with a 45 degree support between an L shaped piece. I can sweep from a side profile upto a point but at that point it simply intersects with the model. As this is a single piece I can't simply trim the geometry to the correct length and angle.

I've added pictures for reference

Sweep to surface shows the geometry, and geometry used shows the sketches I created to try this out.

If anyone has any tips/ideas to share about the best way of creating this in OnShape I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Phil

Best Answers

Answers

• caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
  • Phil_G_1987Phil_G_1987 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks guys! This got me exactly what I need :). I found a way to get a similar end result, but not as neat by using the delete part feature and removing the top part protruding from the cross member.

Thanks again!