Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Missing Spline Handles

jay_williamsjay_williams Member Posts: 21
edited May 2016 in Community Support
I've drawn a spline, but the spline handles seem to be missing. Where are they?

Thanks,
Jay
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• jay_williamsjay_williams Member Posts: 21
    If you keep answering my questions, Dave, I'm going to owe you a truckload of beer!

So, that partially answered my question. I tried what you did in the video—making an open-ended spline— and I got handles on the end points. What I'm trying to do is create, roughly, a square with rounded corners. It has eight spline points (I clicked eight times while creating it), one on each "corner" and one at the mid-point of each side. I was hoping to get the handles along the way so as to be able to control the shape, but no such luck.

Seems like maybe I just need to modify my approach. The thing I'm making should be symmetric across one axis. So, maybe I need two line segments for just half of my "square." Then mirror it. I'll give that a try.

Thanks,
    Jay

Just tried it. Three clicks per line. Two lines. Then mirror those two lines. I think that will work just fine.

Thanks!
    Jay
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you want but I tried it this way. 

2.gif 1.7M
    That's roughly how I ended up doing it, Dave, except that my "square" isn't symmetric across both axes, just one. Still, same idea.

Thanks!
    Jay