Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

tough night with onshape..... really frustrated.

OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
Tried to import a few curves to use for revolve from CATIA .... FAIL.
Tried to import the surfaces and extract uses edges ... FAIL.
Tried using some intersects to replace bad use edges ... sketch doesn't close... FAIL.
Replace some of the use edges with lines to get the sketch to close ... go to use the document in another document ... FAIL.

I could have done this in CATIA or Fusion 360 in 5 minutes....I am going on 2 hours now with a hacked up model that I can't use in my main design.
What am I missing here?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    @OpenR2
    I second what you are saying.  Although onshape is adding functionality...it seems they are still missing some of the basics.  Foundational pieces are missing or are so shoddy they are not useful in a production environment (see drawings). 

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 696
    Could you please file a support ticket via Feedback - that would help us to address the problems you hit. Thank you.
  • Options
    When I use the feedback tool the dialog shown above disappears. This was not possible to capture in the feedback tool. But I did open a ticket with the textual description on Friday.