Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Thickness of a surface and/or tolerance given by split operation?

clayton_ertleyclayton_ertley Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Using Onshape
Title says it all. I build Rubiks type puzzles and often need to control the tolerance of several faces to the range of .01mm - .03mm therefore knowing the thickness of a splits by a revolved surface can be important.

Comments

• Options
    cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    @clayton_ertley Not sure I follow.  Surfaces by definition have no thickness.  Are you saying you need an offset (a gap) of .01mm between faces?
  • Options
    clayton_ertleyclayton_ertley Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    You have answered my question fine. I wanted to make sure that what you just said (which I thought I knew) remained true.

Part of my reasoning is that back in Solid-works, I would sometimes need to use Revolved Cut rather than split which would result in an actual thickness. So thanks for clearing that up.