Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Disappearing models during fillet and chamfer operations

don3schdon3sch Member Posts: 9
I saw another post on this, but only that a ticket was opened.  This is still happening and very annoying.  It is a guessing game to try to hover over the edge I want to operate on. Only getting a single orange line at a time.  Very difficult to use on complex designs. I'm thinking it started a couple updates ago.

Comments

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @don3sch  Please create a ticket for this using our feedback tool in the product.
  • Options
    abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @don3sch - are you using Chrome on a Windows machine?  I ask because this sounds like an issue we're seeing for users with AMD graphics cards and Google Chrome on Windows.  We have filed a bug with Chrome because Chrome is disabling Direct3D 11 which is required to run WebGL and by extension Onshape in Chrome.  If you run Onshape in Firefox you should have no problems.
    Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • Options
    don3schdon3sch Member Posts: 9
    abe, I confirmed what you said is true.  Thanks for that tip, using Firefox is an easy work around.

• Options
    Fundamental4Fundamental4 Member Posts: 1
    Same problem for me when extrude operation. Sketch, model and preview disapears.
    Solved changing from Chrome to Firefox.