Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I move an object?

david_galldavid_gall Member Posts: 2
Newbie here with a simple yet stupid question.
How do I move an object?  thanks,
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    keith_waggonerkeith_waggoner Member Posts: 18 PRO
    How would I get the translate dialog box in sketch mode? Or how do I move or copy single entities in x,y,z specific dimensions in sketch mode? 
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @david_gall,Kindly use transform feature to move an object.

Transform

transform in toolbar

Transform adjusts a part's location and orientation in 3D space with the option to copy the part in place.

OpenSteps
    1. Click transform icon.

2. Select the method of moving the part (transform type):
      • Translate by line - Select an entity such as a part edge
      • Translate by distance - Specify a value and select an entity to indicate direction
      • Translate by XYZ - Specify axis values to move along or optionally, use the drag manipulator that appears to position the part along axis
      • Transform by mate connectors - Specify two mate connectors by which to reorient the placement of the part.
      • Rotate - Move the part about an axis specified by selecting an entity
      • Copy in place - Make a copy of the part at the same location; this creates a separate and independent part enabling you to:

- Make changes to one part and use both to create different bodies during a later operation.

- Make a copy of a part prior to a series of operations enabling you to reference the original state for ancillary operations.

- Create multiple copies of a part in order to create multiple variants.

If you need to create multiple copies of a part at once, use the Pattern feature with a distance of 0 (zero).

• Scale uniformly - Scale a part by a specific factor and select a point to scale about; optionally copy the part
    3. Click green checkmark.
    OpenTransform by mate connectors

Before transform by mate connectors

After transform by mate connectors

OpenRotate

Before rotate

transform before

transform about entity-mid

After rotate

OpenCopy in place

Before copy in place

transform before

transform copyinplace

After copy in place

OpenScale uniformly

Before scale uniformly

After scale uniformly

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    stedman_hoodstedman_hood Member Posts: 2
    I'd highly recommend this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_q5uQD4l5w