Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Additional Sign In Security

GIZMOGIZMO Member Posts: 11
In addition to user id and password at sign in, onshape should be like yahoo mail, dropbox, and other web based applications to send a randomly generated time sensitive one time security code via sms message, email, or phone call requiring user to enter said time sensitive code to access one's account; that way even if one's user id and password get hacked, the additional layer of account security can only be supplied by account owner from their devices.

Comments

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    If you click under your name in Onshape and go to "Manage Account", you will see the "Security" tab. You can enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) via the Google Authenticator app (or similar ones) there.

We also realize the importance of integrating with other authentication sources (like Google). This may be available to our users at some point in the future as well.

-John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    GIZMOGIZMO Member Posts: 11

Yes I have enabled Google Authenticator and it seems to work well; however it requires installation of yet another app on my already space restricted smartphone whereas using SMS text message, phone call, etc. would not. Most of my space problems derive from having to install numerous Google modules that I really don't need or want to begin with, but it is better than no 2-factor verification at all.