Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

STLWorkbench: Ability to import, view, edit and save STL files in Onshape

viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
Now it is possible for user to import, view, edit and save STL files in Onshape with the help of STLWorkbench. I am very excited about new App (STLWorkbench) which is introduced in Onshape app store recently. STLWorkbench has robust, fast, automatic functionality for analyzing and processing the STL files or meshes which will brings one of the most exciting additions added to Onshape app store yet.

Kindly refer below video for more detail.

Comments

• Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    Is that your product Viru?  Looks like a handy utility.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @michael3424, I found out yesterday while exploring the app store. It solved my requirement of STL import in Onshape. So I thought to share this information to other users in forum which will be beneficial to everyone.
  • Options
    joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    viru, I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your image. Thanks for doing this.

Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    @viru - thanks for pointing it out; I hadn't noticed it before.
  • Options
    @joe_dunne - have you considered SprutCAM for the App Store?  It's a CAM program written by Sprut in Russia and I know that they have integrated with several other CAD programs, including S$%^&Works.

• Options
    joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    I think it's safe to assume I have had a conversation with just about every CAM company in existence. Or at least it sure seems that way. We have a free, and open marketplace. Each vendor will make up their own mind as to when and if to participate in it. I agree SprutCAM would be a good addition to App Store. 

I can tell you this. I think you will be happy with upcoming developments in App Store.  I know I have said this before. There is a lot of development taking place behind the scenes. You will see the results of these activities when each is ready to reveal themselves. 

Joe

Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Thanks - looking forward to new additions to the app store.
  • Options
    OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Viru...why does the mouse work different when I'm in the workbench....that's super frustrating,
  • Options
    @OpenR2 , Can you raise support ticket for this issue by using the feedback tool while active in an Integrated App tab sends the report to the appropriate partner so they will look into that. I feel they will definitely look into your concern.