Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Descriptions Reverting Back to Previous Versions

Gavin_MunroGavin_Munro Member Posts: 14 PRO
Hi, 

I am getting frustrated with Onshape. I have a 948 MB file that I have been honing for some weeks now. I am tidying up the part names, descriptions and part numbers but they keep reverting back to a previous version. Is it because the file is getting too big? I have made a copy and its only 25 MB, so presumably the history is all removed in the copy, making it much smaller and easier to handle?

Comments

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @munro_gavin,Generally it is not happening. Can you please open a support ticket and give some more details to Onshape support team they definitely help you.
    If you would like help with a document or you have encountered a bug, you opt to Share the document with Onshape support by clicking the Share with Onshape support toggle button at the bottom left of the dialog. When shared, the toggle button turns blue.

When a document is shared with Onshape support, the Share toggle button turns blue; at any time you can unshare the document with Onshape support by clicking the toggle link again.

To open a support ticket within Onshape, click on the '?' symbol on the top right of the screen and then click on "Feedback" in the menu.

There will be a dialog to add a message and an option to share the document with the Onshape team.

Kindly refer below video link for more detail.
    https://www.onshape.com/videos/feedback-tool