Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

An unwanted hole in the surface

I've created a detail that looks OK in Onshape (Mounting Plate - public file). But when I open it in Makerbot Desktop and preview the detail, there is a hole in the surface in the front that I cannot get rid of. Any ideas? Would appreciate some help here. 
Have been unsing Onshape since a couple of month and think it´s a great tool for me.

/Christer

Answers

• daniel_splawskidaniel_splawski Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    In your model the fillets around the holes in the top weren't working properly.   For the two side by side holes, you'll have to put a fillet on the sharp edge before applying a fillet to the rim.  For the hole closest to the front you'll have to move it back or move the front surface forward to make the fillet work properly.  

As far as the hole in the makerbot desktop, perhaps the wall between the front hole and the front face is too thin (<1mm).  I've never used the makerbot software, but some slicers do reject areas with very thin walls.